How React can be used to build a custom web application?
Developing mobile-friendly web applications is not a luxury. It’s a necessity in today’s times. As many users favor mobile over desktop when checking out various companies and brands, businesses are on the lookout for a reliable web framework. However, not just any framework, it should be the kind that offers scalable and trustworthy web apps— This is exactly where React comes to the rescue.
What’s all the buzz around ReactJs about?
So, if you are thinking about developing a website for your business, need to change the existing site or developing a custom web application using ReactJS code, the ReactJS framework is your best bet. After all, it not only helps attract more visitors but also enhances ROI.
When to use React Js for web development
Naturally, you will have many questions regarding ReactJS. More specifically, when should you use React Js for web development? Well, let’s examine some React js web application examples:
- React has shown its abilities when building single-page apps (SPAs) as well as custom web applications (Some React web examples are Instagram, Netflix, PayPal, and others).
- Video platforms built using React can take advantage of powerful performance as it functions seamlessly across Android, iOS, and Apple TV platforms.
- Since developers can reuse code and refactor it for various platforms, you obtain more design freedom and a more fluid UI deliverability for various app platforms.
- React’s design flexibility and responsiveness enable true and one-of-a-kind experiences, making it easy to develop video-first apps with features specific to videos such as user registration and login, content playback, and geo-location integrations, among others.
- The UI/UX offers simple navigation so smoother page transitions, uninterrupted animations, and button sequences become effortless.
- React makes it simple for developers to work from a single codebase so you can achieve greater levels of build and maintenance efficiency and as social networks need regular and quick functioning with minimal (if any) downtime, this platform proves to be a blessing.
- Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are some of the popular and common examples of social networks that use React flawlessly.
- Since the platform is impeccable for building single-page apps, it becomes ideal for social sharing with server-side rendering.
- React also makes it simple for real-time data processing.
Sharing economy platforms
- Since React is a user-friendly and easy-to-comprehend platform, it becomes effortless to grasp its many components right away without any guidance from another developer.
- Some of the most common examples of Sharing economy platforms include Uber, Airbnb, and Uber Eats.
- React becomes wonderful for communication platforms as well.
- It is impressively witnessed in the way it functions for Whatsapp. A few more custom web application using react js examples are Sype and Discord
- It can also be utilized to create a language learning app with React, CSS, and Typescript beginning with a basic word insertion exercise or even a matching term exercise where drag and drop elements will be needed.
The main difference between a single-page application and a traditional multi-page app is that navigating a SPA does not require moving to an entirely new page. Instead, views load on the same page. When having proper routing configured, single-page apps tend to be even faster and better optimized.
- eCommerce platforms synch as Shopify and Shopping.com make use of React’s abilities and capabilities effectively to ensure their smooth and efficient functioning.
- Owing to its impeccable performance, easy component maintenance, and interactive SPAs, companies were able to incorporate all of the required business logic, functions, and monetization to support both live-streaming demands as well as VOD with immaculate speed.
Cross-platform development and React: What You Need to Know?
So, how do you build a custom web application using react js and node js/codepen? If you are wondering whether React can be used to build a custom web application, you have to be well aware of React Native, a framework designed by Facebook to fasten the mobile app development process.
- Previously written React code makes it seamless to build apps for both iOS as well as Android platforms at the same time.
If you are searching to build an uncomplicated mobile app without too many resources, this is the ideal alternative. The more intricate the app’s features are, the more native code snippets have to be written.
The code created for a web application can be reused for mobile ones. Developers can design a reusable library that can be used in both web as well as mobile apps.
Creating a server-side rendered app with React
While it’s possible to develop a server-side rendered app with React, determining the pivotal differences between server-side rendering and client-side rendering is important.
- Client-side rendering: In this type of rendering, a browser downloads a basic HTML web page and proceeds to render the JS parts while filling them with content.
- Server-side rendering: In this type of rendering, the React components are rendered directly on the server delivering HTML content.
Following such an approach offers two main benefits: Improved SEO and exceptional performance.
In server-side rendered applications, performance relies on the server’s capabilities and resources of the users’ network. Also, enhancing the speed of an app improves the overall user experience in a big way.
What is a JSX Language?
HTML files form the core of every basic website. These files are read by web browsers and are translated to appear on your devices as web pages with the required UI and UX. To ensure this is possible, browsers create a Document Object Model (DOM), a structure of how specific components are arranged on the website.
- Doing this helps save a great deal of time and greatly enhances site performance.
Virtual DOM in React.js
When not utilizing React.js to alter the DOM, a website indefinitely goes with HTML. For basic, static websites, this comes as a savior. The trick lies when you begin to host intricate, dynamic websites as they need an immense amount of user interaction. During this time, the entire DOM has to reload every time a user fills in some field on a form or when they go to click a button.
- Given a scenario when a developer uses JSX to update their website’s DOM, React.js creates the Virtual DOM (VDOM).
- It basically is a virtual image of a UI saved in the memory and synchronized with the real DOM by a library (like ReactDOM).
- With the help of React’s declarative API, notifying the DOM about which components require to be selectively refreshed and which ones should stay the same becomes easy.
- This enhances the page load speed while computer and internet memory usage decreases which means a faster, more user-friendly site.
So, why use React js for web development? Let’s sum it up
All in all, React can be used powerfully and wisely to build custom web applications the way you desire! Virtual DOM, component reusability, stability, and performance are just some of the reasons why the platform is said to be a force to reckon with. While it plays a pivotal role in many prominent businesses such as Shopify, Skype, and Instagram, we can help harness its power to make a success out of your endeavor too. Plus a React web developer's salary is pretty competitive! Get in touch with us to know how we can offer custom and one-of-a-kind React solutions to all of your woes and worries